Friday, December 19, 2008

Taiwan "VISA"

Though entrance permit is much appropriate than the word VISA with all the politics going on between straits, VISA sounds much cooler. Anyway, I might get a VISA to Taiwan the coming February if nothing jinx. It's really difficult for Mainland Chinese to visit Taiwan these days. Even if I had the chance this time, I still need my passport, my entrance permit to Hong Kong, Hong Kong identity card, student card, records of entrance to Hong Kong, invitation letter from Taiwan, full schedule in Taiwan, program arrangements... all these stuff handed in in three copies to the institution that issues VISAs to Taiwan, which is no more than a piece of paper not allowed to be attached to passport because that's not something tolerable by PRC. You also don't have something similar to the “Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macau(港澳通行證)”, because that's not something tolerable by TW.

Nothing is more complicated than POLITICS!




No comments: